October 07, 2010

One Word Changes the meaning its interesting


Professor Ernest Brennecke of Columbia is credited with inventing a sentence that can be made to have eight different meanings by placing ONE WORD in all possible positions in the sentence :"I hit him in the eye yesterday."


The word which is going to be placed is "ONLY"

ONLY I hit him in the eye yesterday-(No one else did.)
I ONLY hit him in the eye yesterday-(Did not slap him.)
I hit ONLY him in the eye yesterday-(I did not hit others.)
I hit him ONLY in the eye yesterday-(I did not hit outside the eye.)
I hit him in ONLY the eye yesterday-(Not other organs.)
I hit him in the ONLY eye yesterday-(He doesn't have another eye.)
I hit him in the eye ONLY yesterday-(Not today.)
I hit him in the eye yesterday ONLY-(Did not wait for today.)

source from the web...

No comments:

Post a Comment