September 01, 2010

Using Credit Cards for high value purchase


I bought one Compaq laptop for Rs 26000/- using my ICICI bank Gold Credit Card during the month April 2010 and I thought to convert my purchase in to EMI's(Equated Monthly Installment) so that it could me more convenient for me to pay the Credit Card Bill.Later I called the ICICI Bank Customer Care to request conversion of my purchase to EMI's and I was shocked to here from a CCE(Customer Care Executive) that the Bank has stopped such facilities to the customers and the CCE spoke to me in such a way as if he is attending a wrong number.

I was as helpless as a Fish out of Water so if you want to make a high value purchase using your Credit Card or you want to convert it in to EMI's it is better to interact with your Credit Card provider before you make purchase so that you come to know earlier that such facility is available with your Credit Card or not and you do not get in to trouble like me..

No comments:

Post a Comment